Fandango Network Brand Guidelines
The Fandango Network Advertising Content Guidelines apply to video, banners, native, and expanded experiences appearing on Fandango, Rotten Tomatoes, Flixster and YouTube. The Fandango Network reserves the right to reject any advertisement that doesn’t meet the minimum guidelines during the certification process, or any advertisement that Fandango Network feels isn’t appropriate for Fandango Network’s advertising platform or its users.
- Ad creative should clearly convey a call to action (CTA) and utilize imagery that is impactful for maximum impact.
- Keep important text or imagery within the safe area. Anything outside of the “safe area” may not be viewable based on-screen resolution.
- Limit legal text to a few words (i.e. – “© 2023 Fandango”).
- Ad creative containing video must resolve to a CTA or relevant message; videos should never resolve to a black screen.
- If the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer® is used in the creative, please follow ALL guidelines pertaining to its correct usage and display.
Fandango Network is committed to providing the highest quality advertising experience. To meet this standard, the following areas may require additional considerations, reviews, and approvals before being accepted onto Fandango’s advertising platform.
- Age-restricted content: Ads promoting or containing age-sensitive products and services must be appropriately age targeted.
- Alcohol: Ads for alcoholic beverages must be appropriately age targeted. There can be no images or videos that show the consumption of the alcohol product. All text, images, video, and audio must depict age-appropriate people and scenes.
- Financial: Ads for financial products or services that are associated with deceptive practices aren’t allowed. Advertisers must be a member of at least one of the following associations: Community Financial Services Association of America, Online Lenders Alliance.
- Gambling: Ad content that promotes or facilitates real money gambling must have necessary licensing and comply with all applicable federal, state/provincial, and local laws or regulations, including having the proper age and location targeting.
- Pharmaceutical: Ads promoting pharmaceutical products, medical devices, medical services, or treatments must comply with all applicable federal, state, local, provincial and, if applicable, foreign country laws or regulations.
- Political: Ads that present, include, or reference a position on a controversial public issue. This may include content that is deemed offensive, contains graphic or potentially offensive content, or is deemed an attack of a personal nature, an attack on an individual business, or a comment on a private dispute.
Unacceptable or Prohibited Content:
- DO NOT use potentially offensive imagery (such as nudity, violent images, or gore) or explicit or provocative language. Fandango Network is a family friendly company.
- Profane, obscene, or offensive language is not allowed.
- Highly graphic violence, weaponry or death is not allowed.
- Imagery or scenes of explicit drug are not allowed.
- If blood is included in the creative, it should be stylized and not realistic or gory.
- If weapons are included in the creative, they should never point towards the user.