- Loads from a 970×90 and becomes a full frame video skin surrounding the page.
Approved Third Party Vendors:
Max Expandable Creative Size:
Max Initial File Load Size (includes creative & trackers):
Additional File Weight (K):
- 1MB Polite Load, 2.2MB (Subsequent User initiated load)
- 15sec (Animation)
- 30sec (Video)
- Auto-expand on first impression. However, should auto-collapse after 7 seconds if no user interaction. User-initiated upon subsequent views.
- Not to exceed 1/4 size of original ad. Only initiated when cursor rests on hotspot for at least 1-sec. Must NOT initiate audio.
Close Button Requirement:
- Control: “CloseX”
- Font: 18 pt (11px) – 16 pt (21px)
- Close button on expanded pushdown, initiated by click
- Uninitiated expanded panel closes automatically and collapsed ad provides expand button that can be initiated with a click
In-Banner Video Accepted:
- Must be user Initiated (on click: mute/ un-mute); default state is muted
- Initial: 2 or less
- Polite: 3 or less
- Idle CPU falls in 8-12%. Initial loading file is 20-30%. Initial spike of 60% is acceptable in the first five seconds.
- Production by NBCU preferred vendor; Rich Media: Layered PSD, vector logo, creative styling and direction, 1×1 tracking pixels and click-trackers SSL compliant HTTPS secure tags
- No 4th party tags. All tags must be secure.
- Best Practice: For times when the user’s browser does not support creative functionality (i.e. Flash™, HTML5), provide a standard image file.
- Ad Creative and Landing Pages that employ exit pop ups, are not permitted.
- All ad units must have a 1 pixel black border surrounding entire creative.
- Max 3 revisions per creative.
- NBCU policy states that we cannot accept blocking tags.
Video Wallpaper specs must adhere to the following business rules:
1. This ad type can run once per 2 weeks.
2. The size of the ad will run in proportion to the width of the respective site’s news content.
3. The unit must initiate without any delays.
4. Rails can be animated for 5 seconds and must then be static/disappear.
5. Rails must fade to white as you scroll to the bottom of the page.
6. The animated rails and pushdown must be frequency capped to 1/user.
7. For CNBC, the animated rails cannot be clickable.